Recipe from Chef Mario Medina of The Main Course
1/3 lb. beef (dry age tenderloin)
Salt and pepper to taste
2 T. lemon garlic aioli
1 T. fried capers
1 large handful of wild arugula
1/3 c. shaved Parmesan
2-3 hardboiled eggs, sliced
2-3 T. olive oil
- Thinly slice beef against the grain (you can freeze the meat 30 minutes to make slicing easier).
- On a sheet of plastic wrap, arrange the slices in circular pattern by slightly overlapping them. Cover with a plate and flip to transfer. Remove the plastic wrap.
- Season with salt and pepper, and spread a layer of aioli on the meat.
- Top with arugula, capers, eggs and Parmesan. Finish with more lemon aioli, oil, salt and pepper.
- Serve with toasted crostinis.