There comes a time in every San Diego homeowner’s life when the kitchen doesn’t hold the same appeal that it used to. It creeps up on you slowly. At first it’s a small annoyance, then it grows as appliances break down and need to be replaced one by one. What was once your dream kitchen is now more of a nightmare. Since it’s a slow transition, you might wonder whether it’s really time for a kitchen remodel or if you’re over reacting. Here are 10 telltale signs that your kitchen needs an upgrade.
1. When it’s time for dinner, you think in terms of dine-in, carry-out or delivery.
2. It takes longer to cook than it does to clean up.
3. You don’t remember the last time you upgraded.
4. You have more matching socks than matching appliances.
5. Your floor is older than the youngest family cook.
6. You can watch almost a full episode of Jeopardy! while your oven is pre-heating.
7. The kitchen floors and countertop surfaces look dirty 10 minutes after you clean them.
8. Your electric bill seems to grow a little bigger every year – kind of like your kids.
9. Your countertops show signs of burning and peeling, and they’ve never been out on the beach.
10. Your kitchen walls have a stylish retro-80s theme, but it wasn’t retro when they were done.
If you found more than two items on the list that fit your kitchen’s condition, it’s time to look into making some serious changes. Once you’ve found the right appliances and lighting, match them up with floors and countertops that shine. Your kitchen can give you the warm feeling that you used to have when you walked in the door.