Five Simple Summer Home Accents
In summer, if you are like many people, you will spend more time outside and less time “stuck” in your house. Just because you spend time inside, does not mean you can’t feel that summer feeling—when you add the right elements. We have put together five distinct summer accents you may want to consider for your indoor space:
- Flowers – Flowers, whether natural or artificial, are one of the most beautiful ways to decorate your home. A few flowers make any room lighter, brighter and make it feel more alive. You don’t have to stick with the tried and true floral pieces. If you love daisies, decorate with daisies! Use flower-heads to decorate the dinner table or as a centerpiece. Flowers are an excellent way to show off your personality.
- Water Features – Moving water adds vibrancy and liveliness to your home. A large fountain could be the centerpiece to your entryway and might be a “someday” kind of project. However, there are certainly smaller options that you could choose. A tabletop water feature or a “moving water” picture are both great ways to incorporate beauty and movement in your home.
- Light and Bright Paints – Let those dark shades go and choose something lighter to brighten up your whole house. Painting a room is one of the easiest ways to make a significant impact. Light doesn’t have to be boring, either. Consider a yellow, peach or light green for something unique.
- Breezy Curtains – Curtains can have many different purposes. In some areas, you need curtains to block the sun or give your home a sense of privacy. In others, they are more of a decorative piece. If you just want to add style and flair, some breezy, flowy curtains will make your space feel summery and warm. Toppers are a great choice for this purpose, too—and are often more affordable than full panels.
- Mirrors – Mirrors make a space feel bigger. However, they also reflect light and will help any room feel brighter and warmer. Choosing a couple of mirrors for a darker space will open it up and immediately make it feel more like summer.
One of the best things about living in the San Diego area is that the weather is beautiful all year round. Therefore, going with a summer-themed home décor style is something that you will be able to appreciate even in the “depths of winter”. While you may be able to add curtains, mirrors and other simple elements yourself, if you want to make a big change, make sure you hire a professional. The team at Lars Remodeling is always here for you—in summer or any other season!