If your remodeling project is modest you may think that the “top” remodelers in your area are beyond your budget. But in reality, most companies work on a range of projects, from small to large scale renovations. An unwise liaison with a poorly qualified contractor could mean you lose your investment, regardless of the size of your project. You should always have full confidence in your remodeler and know that you are working with the best.
Here are the top ten reasons for hiring a recognized professional.
- From contract to completion. A professional will help you pull the entire project together – from ideas to design, products to plans and construction to completion.
- Experience counts. Professional remodelers have the knowledge and experience to turn your ideas into reality. They listen, make suggestions and look for the most efficient way to bring your project in on time and on budget. They have revised and polished their work practices and have made invaluable business contacts in the various business connected with the industry.
- Technical know-how. When you work with a professional remodeler, you are working with someone who fully understands construction including legal and licensing issues and is able to deal with the challenges and problems of making your home the best it can be for your comfort and convenience.
- Quality teamwork. Putting your investment in the hands of a professional remodeler means that you are working with a qualified team of staff, sub-trades and suppliers in all areas of your project.
- A proven track record. Reputation is everything in the remodeling industry. When you work with a professional, you are invited to talk with previous clients, inspect completed projects and check out their standing in the business community. Nothing is hidden because their ongoing success is built on customer service.
- Accurate pricing. This is one area where you want to have confidence in your contractor. You don’t have time to be worrying about “lowball costing”, inferior work or escalating prices. True professionals establish the budget with you upfront and in detail.
- A written contract. While trust and a handshake are nice to have they are not enough. Professionals support your confidence in their work with a written contract that spells out your project in detail so that you both know the answers to what, when, where and how much.
- Keeping it legal. When it comes to insurance, legal disputes and work safety issues, it is better to be safe than sorry. In the unlikely event of accident or damage to your own or neighbouring properties, working with a professional remodeler means that their coverage protects you from liability and cost.
- Warranty. Like any other consumer purchase, a professional renovation comes with a warranty on labor. When you achieve a professional installation, there is not a risk of voiding the manufacturers’ warranties on materials and products.
- Service. Service. Service. Professional renovators are in business for the long term. They work hard to earn your trust and make every renovation a positive experience.